- December 2012 | Everett Community College Student Fitness Center recognized as the DJC Project of the Week
- Fall 2012 | Snohomish School District Riverview Elementary awarded National School Boards Association 2012 Fall Grand Prize | Early Childhood/Elementary School [more]
- Fall 2012 | Lake Washington School District Lake Washington High School receives National School Boards Association 2012 Fall Citation of Excellence | High Schools [more]
- May 7, 2012 | Snohomish School District Machias Elementary recognized as DJC Project of the Week
- April 2012 | Snohomish School District Machias Elementary AIA Seattle What Makes It Green (WMIG) Winner
- April 2012 | Snohomish School District Machias Elementary receives 2012 ASHRAE Puget Sound Chapter Technology Award, First Place - New Educational Facilities
- March 2012 | Snohomish School District Riverview Elementary receives AIA Committee on Architecture for Education Citation Award.
- January 2012 | Snohomish School District Machias Elementary School featured in Architectural Record.
- December 20, 2011 | Crate & Barrel Streets at South Point, Durham, North Carolina is certified LEED®-NC Gold.
- November 7, 2011 | Clover Park School District Lakes High School recognized as the DJC Project of the Week.
- November 3, 2011 | Three projects supported by Hargis were recognized at AIA Southwest Washington 2011 Design Awards ceremony: Lake Washington High School (Honor), Parkside Elementary School (Merit), and Bates Technical College Communications Technology Facility (Citation).
- October 28, 2011 | Everett Community College Student Fitness & Health Center was awarded 2011 AIA Portland Design Awards Citation [more]
- October 26, 2011 | Tacoma School District Gray Middle School receives 2011 Commendation from AIA Seattle for Washington Architecture [more]
- February 18, 2011 | Neighborcare Health Rainier Beach Medical and Dental clinic opens [more]
- September 22, 2010 | Northwest Construction Announces Best of 2010: featuring 2 Hargis projects [more]
- November 17, 2010 | Long standing client, Safeway, releases prototype for new and greener groceries with Pinehurst store [more].
- Fall 2010 | "The True Constraints of Integration" IT/AV Report [more]
- October 26, 2011 | “The Quest for Carbon Neutrality” - AIA Seattle
A look at how we, as an industry, define carbon neutral, calculate it, and how the conversation of energy – particularly source energy – ties into the discussion. Closer evaluation of how the quest for carbon neutrality shifts the approach to major system selection, from an engineer’s perspective. (2-hour session)
- October 20, 2011 | “The Quest for Carbon Neutrality” - AIA Southwest Washington
A look at how we, as an industry, define carbon neutral, calculate it, and how the conversation of energy – particularly source energy – ties into the discussion. (1-hour session)
- April 13, 2011 | “Real Solutions for Integrating Sustainability as a Learning Tool” - School & College Building Expo
Adopting system approaches that improve indoor air quality and operating system performance, owners are embracing displacement ventilation and high efficiency dual core heat exchangers in their sustainable design strategies. This presentation evaluates the claims, research and results of each and the key considerations when integrating into a holistic building design approach.
- October 19, 2010 | “Emerging Systems” - AIA Southwest Washington
With the heightened awareness of facility design approaches in mainstream America, building operating systems are making headlines. This informative session takes a closer look at two such systems – displacement ventilation and photo voltaic - that are being considered and implemented as owners balance their economic and environmental commitments with performance expectations.